Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Spirit Horses followed me home!!


These beautiful spirit horses followed me home from Santa Fe! Actually, the story of the spirit horse and the little hoof prints on the inside of a bracelet I bought there inspired this card, with the help of these beautiful horses from Starving Artistamps! I had them sitting on my desk, and they cried out for watercolor crayons and a taste of the land of enchantment!! Here's what I used: Vanilla, Rose Red, & Lovely Lilac cardstock, a Rose Red Brad, Bliss Blue Ink, Crop-a-Dile, Watercolor wonder crayons, Spray bottle and water, Stickles, Post it notes, Sponge

I masked the "snow" with a post it note and sponged blue ink over the rest of the card. I colored directly on the stamps with lilac, blue, pink, orange,yellow and green watercolor crayons, then misted the stamps lightly with water and stamped them in vanilla. I masked the center horse to stamp the right horse. I then added stickles to the line betweeen the snow & the sky for sparkle. Added texture with the Crop-a-Dile, paper piercer and a brad. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. i think you were inspired! hope you don't get slammed into your week(s) ahead so much that you can't continue to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, this is amazing!! I love the colors!!!

    Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, theses turned out so lovely! I really like the effect you created with this horse card, and I am afraid of horses! Really awesome!!! Your colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...