Saturday, February 23, 2008

BLUE-m where you're planted

















Tee hee.. I've been so red and orange lately I thought I would get back to my blue roots with this little ditty.

What do you think? I've been dying to play with this flower from Bloomin' Beautiful, and you all know how I feel about bees!! So step one was to completely mess up my stamp room so that I had my customary one square inch to work in. Without that, it's really hard to know what you want to create!! :) So then I found the perfect Basic Grey 6x6 square - I mean look at this paper! The scroll work, the brighter white square that was CALLING OUT for my flower. Beautiful. Then I stamped my flower with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and heat set it for color fastness. Then I colored it with my Copics and cut it out carefully. Then I stamped the "blossom" definition in Basic Black directly on the paper background, along with the bee. Then I took a scrap of actual SU Basic Grey CS that was in the precarious mound of stuff on my desk and "hmmed" at it for a while. I curled it like you would ribbon in my bone folder until it got soft and distressed. I tore it into little strips and mounted it on the front of the card, with little scraps of it glued to the longer strip. Then I glued my flower down with Martha's gel glue (the stem was too narrow for my SNAIL adhesive). Then I stamped just "blossom" on the grey strip, and accented it with a paintbrush and my Opalite ink pad for iridescence. I did that to the flower too. I added Crystal Effects to my bee wings, a little strip of rhinestones and a blue brad.

Hope you're having a good Saturday. I walked 9 miles and I am sleeeeeepy. Need a nap.

I want to add DIY to my DirecTV package. I don't have it and Martha has an ALL CRAFT SHOW! I had no idea!!

They probably have it bundled with the all frog or chess and checkers channel or something weird. Bread crust TV maybe. I wish we could buy channels one by one...

Tell me what you're up to this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. awesome card, dearie! love all the elements, esp. the gray band.

    i had 3 ladies over this morning to make a stash of cards (one spent $200+) and now i'm going to work on my finances.

    we're going out to dinner and then watching "school of rock" with jack black.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...