Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally - an OCCASION persuasion


I have finally waded through a few things I really wanted to do and I'm ready for the occasions mini! So here's my first effort. This stamp set is so freaking beautiful. If you do graphic design work and use stock vector images, this type of image is very popular in collages because it looks so stunning layered. Sometimes they call it "grunge" but there's nothing grungy about it!!

I stamped it first in white craft, then in black craft ink, using the stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up so that the white is just a shadow behind the black (the photo is not really doing this justice, but it's there!). I used my rectangle punch to create a channel for the black grosgrain ribbon and absolutely couldn't resist a flower slider!! The butterflies around the edge are in white craft ink.

This is a 5x5 card. I hope you like it.
Don't forget - I like to mail out my cards. If you're not on my list already, please sign up for my card-a-day mailing list.

2 comments:

  1. oh my! i love what you did with this set! go to beate's blog to see what she did. between the two of you, i'm going to end up in the poor house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love this card! Now I have to have the set! Who makes it? Maybe I can track it down ASAP!!! jane

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...