Sunday, February 17, 2008

Find Yourself on Some Basic Grey..


You might be wondering to yourself about my problem with Basic Grey patterned paper. I blame all of it on Chriss, who posted all these beautiful samples with BG paper. Then BG had a sale on the little 6x6 pads, which I really love. Except for some templates, most of the work I do with patterned paper is totally accomodated with a 6x6 sheet. Now, part of the deep addiction I have to this paper means that those little 6x6 pads sat unused for a long time because the paper was TOO beautiful to use. I know - stamping dementia started when I was 15. But I am starting to come out of that and use it. But now I use it on EVERYTHING. There's no balance here. So here's one of the Grace Girls on some of this sassy paper. I pulled them all out last night in the search for the purr-fect colors, but I think all of these came from the "recess" collection. Stamp is from Starving Artistamps/Doodle Factory. I stamped her in black craft ink and embossed with clear EP. Then I colored her with Prismacolor Pencils and blended them with a Blender Pen. I then stamped a ghostly version of her in Sahara Sand on the yellow layer and popped the main image up with Dimensionals. I stamped the "Find Yourself" greeting on another piece of Basic Grey and then felt like a complete idiot for a few minutes. You know why? Because I think I'm the last person in the world to realize that the Hodgepodge hardware is sized EXACTLY to fit our tag punch!!! No more hand cutting things to fit in this frame!!! This is so amazingly easy!! This is the new hardware kit from the SU Occasions Mini. Then I used the corner ticket punch, some ribbon and some stick on rhinestones to finish her off.


Enjoy.


L.

3 comments:

  1. i really like how the sentiment pairs with the image and its "ghost". seems like just the right words for what i'm seeing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful!! I love the effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...love the drama and colors of the imagery!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...