Saturday, February 2, 2008

Holiday Road..

I realized today that we're on a serious Holiday Road - you might THINK Thanksgiving and Christmas make for a holiday season, but try Shrove Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Valentine's Day, Palm Sunday, St. Patrick's Day, Good Friday and Easter! All in a 48 day period!! That, my friends, is a holiday SEASON! (Especially if you're a stamper, right?) And, at the same time that many of us are giving up something for Lent (I'm pondering chocolate), America is busy producing the most fabulous candy creations of the YEAR. What the heck?? A test, that's what that is. So two projects to catch me up to today's project of the day.

The first is a CASE of an adorable Leadership swap. This is so cute and easy. Sometimes less is really more when you're giving someone a gift that contains candy at this time of year. It's nice to give a nice handmade gift with just a little sweet! So this bunny is made with a piece of confetti cardstock that's 7.25" by 2", scored at 4". I came up with this measurement because I'm lazy and I don't like trying to figure out where to put my slot punch. So I just pushed the slot punch all the way in from the end, and then figured out how long the rest of it needed to be to perfectly fit into the slot! Easy! Then you stamp and color your bunny (I highlighted his ears with the white gel pen) with Rose Romance, and mount the whole thing on Rose Romance cardstock. I added white gel pen dots around the edge. Attach the lifesaver and the fluffy tail with glue dots. Do you love him? :)

The second project is a valentine using the heart pouch template. This was CASE'd from Kharmagirl on SCS (Pure unadulterated talent, this chick). This is a great card because it has an open pouch on the front you could stick a little note or a gift card into. The cut out heart on the front holds it closed. The cardstock is rose red, as is all the ink used in the project - sponging and stamping. The set is Always. Again, I used the gel pen for dots around the edge of this 5x5 card. I'm digging the dots all of the sudden. And the heart pouch is fun because it shows off both sides of your DSP. This would be beautiful in any monochromatic scheme.

If you want the heart template, email me.

Have a great Saturday. Any big superbowl plans? Do share! I'm making my world famous beans to bring over to the party we're going to tomorrow. Should be fun.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...