Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's official!!


Understand Blue readers are truly the nicest people in the universe. Everyone else can quit trying! You probably already knew this about yourselves, but I'd like to present you with a little more evidence. Exhibit A - a BEAUTIFUL anniversary card from my friend Lynne in Canada - look at this!!! AND WHY IN THE WORLD HAVE I NEVER CUTTLEBUGGED AN ENVELOPE?? This is adorable! And I do not hold my inability to get my hands on the dotted embossing folder against dear sweet Lynne!



Exhibit B - a tea/chocolate packet made by my friend Vicki who lives right down the road. She writes "Just wanted you to know I read the blog and copy you like crazy. Loved this one so much I had to make one for you." It's all blue down to even the beautiful TEA!! I love it! Check out the teeny blue flower brads!

Exhibit C - also from Vicki, this adorable stitched bunny card!!! She has this incredible sewing machine that she creates amazing embroidered creations with. It boggles my mind - I have never been able to sew, much less make anything that looks like this! A little early Easter Bunny for all of you today!!

Thank you so much - it really made my day to open my mailbox and see these fabulous gifts from you.




Today's first card from me is a birthday card I made with Just Celebrate. That's the set the teeny elephant is in too. When I got these, I cut the images away from the greetings so that I wasn't bound to those pairings. I almost always do that. I'm picky about my greetings. In this case, I kind of felt like the cake says it all and I didn't want any words on the front of the card. I will stamp Happy Birthday on the inside.

I stamped it with Brilliance Graphite Black, heat set it and colored it with Copic Sketch Markers. I used a Sakura Gellly Roll Clear Star glitter pen to bling up the frosting and the plate. I cuttlebugged the right side of the card and used SU! paper on the left, with that yummy satin ribbon in between.

I'm hoping to produce something blue & gold today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...