Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mmmmmmmmm - Minty Dark Chocolate Goodness


So I got some of the little chocolates C&Y use and I made myself another book, this time with I think the prettiest of the Starving Artistamps/Doodle Factory Grace Girls. Am I biased as a brunette towards this little dark haired lady? That's for me to know and you to find out!!!! Were her green eyes and red accents inspired by my beloved Snow White? NONE-YA!! ;)

I used black craft ink & clear embossing powder to make her on white CS, and then cut her out. I colored her with a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker, a Green Galore Stampin' Write Marker and the Y21 Buttercup Yellow Copic and a Copic Colorless Blender. The saying is embossed in white, and the base of the treat is textured Real Red Cardstock with the shockingly lovely patterned paper from the Scarlet's Letter collection by Basic Grey. It's finished with the slit punch and some black grosgrain ribbon. Now that all the stamping blahbityblah is done, you should run to Walgreens and get the Ghirardelli Intense Dark Mint Bliss 60% Cacao squares! Yummy.
But a few notes on what I'll call the Blue List - a list of my favorite things. I do not like Ghirardelli Chocolate. I also do not like Godiva. (Pausing while members of the audience gasp) I find the texture of both of these to be inferior to Dove and Cadbury chocolate. I have some sort of throwback Irish farmgirl DNA in me, and everything I eat has to have a dairy feel to it. Dove and Cadbury chocolates are so smooth and buttery and melty that they quiet the farmgirl noise in my brain. Ghirardelli and Godiva have a brittle/waxy quality that offends my chocolate sensibilities. However, that being said, I still do try things, especially dark chocolate, combined with either orange (my favorite), mint or cherry. And these dark chocolate mint bliss squares have a taste I really really like. So they won't make the Blue List, but they're pretty darn good.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful--so rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your chocolate book, Lydia! And thanks for sharing the instructions!!!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...