Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stop me

Seriously. I emailed my husband today and told him if I have the slightest urge to make any plans whatsoever this weekend to lock me in a closet. I am so behind on life. It all started with my beloved Tiger Tiger Woods. The Masters had to be Tivo'd, starting Thursday, which required watching it after work until like midnight. A GOOD THREE HOURS PAST MY BEDTIME!! I get up at 4:30 every day, so you can imagine the toll this was taking... Then, Saturday night we went to a Round Rock Express, which also, with commute, kept us up till about midnight. Then Sunday - OMG I don't want to talk about Sunday... First of all, let me just say, that coming in second in the MASTERS after like the worst game of your life IS NOT TOO DANGED BAD SO DON'T BE DISSIN' MY TIGER WOODS IS ALL I'M SAYING!!!

BUT, then after a Masters party, I had to come home and do my taxes. TAXES LET ME SAY SOMETHING ABOUT TAXES!! It is completely unacceptable to give up 25% of my income in taxes, take what's left, buy stuff, pay taxes on the stuff I buy, take what's left (at this point like 15 cents), SAVE IT, get taxed on what I earn, DIE AND THEN HAVE SOMEONE PAY TAX AGAIN ON MY DEAD 15 CENTS PLUS INTEREST. I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW.


Another late taxy angry evening. Then I had TO PAY THE BILLS LAST NIGHT OMG I MIGHT ACTUALLY KILL SOMEONE. DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I AM TAXED AND CAN'T STAMP??

So.... I did go have sushi tonight with my sis which was wonderful. (paid with my stupid post tax money and then paid TAX on it grrrrr) and I'm hoping that I can get back on the stampin train tomorrow.

I did make four thank you cards at 4:30 this morning and I actually mailed them. NO THEY WERE NOT TO THE IRS.

Seriously, can we get a flat tax in this country???? I have two Master's degrees and do not need to be flipping to the table on page 39 to figure out what the heck is lower - the standard deduction, the itemized deduction, the deduction you get if you have the super secret deduction password - DID I SAY I WAS MAD??

:)

Hope your taxes are happily behind you.

1 comment:

  1. every girl needs to have a good RANT now and again, and i think this qualifies! i'd say that you earned a cupcake after all that hard work and stamping deprivation! love the picture of the bluebird...hope to see some card pics whenever you get your zen back and can find the calm needed to stamp straight!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...