Monday, May 5, 2008

Whhhaaat??? A Post from me?


I know - it's hard to conceive of, but it's true. Still no computer, and no photoshop, but here I am in all my posting glory!! Lots of things to tell you of course. Sunday was my club, so the four projects are from my club. The first one is from the Chic n Scratch blog - I love her blog and her tutorials are amazing. She is a very very sweet lady too. This project is an envelope card. You take a 3x3 envelope and decorate the outside with designer paper and a ribbon. You do this on the flap side and just tuck the flap in. Then the card is simple - not folded, just one layer. The flowers are punched with the boho blossoms punch that coordinates with the stamp set and accented with a brad. Adorable and very very simple.




The second card is inspired by Atomic Butterfly's blog. Her work is gorgeous. What really caught my eye is the crop a dile embossing on the vellum - why didn't I think of that? Soft sky and Purely Pomegranate are stunning together too. Pomegranate might be my favorite SU red - I love rose red and this the best.

This silver hardware is so much prettier than the other colors! I know I'm biased - I love silver! But look how crisp it looks on this card.
Do you know about machinable and non-machinable cards? If your cards have accents like these on them, they will not go through the postage machines at the USPS. Or, if they're too thick they won't either. I just had a friend send me four photos and they got totally mangled. If you make a card like this, write "Non Machinable" on the envelope and attach an extra 17 cents of postage to it and you will be GTG.

The third card is mine - inspired by this month's chipboard promotion - 20% off chipboard with a qualifying purchase! What a deal! I love these elements. This one I used direct to chipboard with a pumpkin pie stampin' spot and then Crystal Effects, then Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. I saw a card where a lady put white craft ink on the chipboard and then put the dye ink on top to make it brighter, but when I added crystal effects, the dye ink just started running and made a mess. The card base is chocolate chip, stamped with boho backgrounds in chocolate chip. Then I layered Afternoon Tea designer paper.. I stamped the center element and after I put the chipboard on the card with dimensionals, I attached a dimensional to the back of the round element that was punched with a 1 3/8" circle punch. I removed the backing and just pushed the round thing through the front of the chipboard element to stick it to the card. It's a snug and perfect fit and an easy way to attach it.
No lining up skills necessary!
Finally - aaahhh.. a Zindorf card that I did a horrible injustice to. The "vases" are made with the large oval punch. Hold the punched ovals in a tight stack and cut off the tops and the bottoms all at once - less on the bottom than on the top. Then shade the left side of each vase with the same color ink. Then mask a straight line on the card base and sponge grey above it for the shadow. The flowers are punched with.. well, stay tuned. A beautiful, artistic card with no stamping. Quick & elegant!
Now, for AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! If you are one of the members of my hostess club, or anyone who attends my monthly class - you are in for a treat.
I am hosting an appreciation event for each of you at the end of this month. We will be having this in the evening. I have rented Wine Styles for this occasion, so you will be able to enjoy an adult bevvie while you make a project I have designed just for you to say thank you for participating in my classes this year and making the first Saturday of every month so much fun for me! Wine Styles has agreed to put together a special discounted wine by the glass menu and we will have the whole place to ourselves! In addition to the project, you will have the opportunity to win door prizes! Mostly, I just want you to relax, make something cute and have a nice night out. I tentatively have the 28th reserved, but this might change. I'll let you know soon. If you are reading this and not currently in my class, I will take additional guests up to my space limits.
I think we will have a lot of fun. Please email me privately if this date works for you!
I hope you're having a great Monday! I will try to squeeze in some stamping tomorrow before my bone in filet at Fleming's tomorrow night!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are great! I thought the last one was a picture of vases!! Thanks also for the tip about the "non machinable"! :-)

    BTW, I really liked how you sent me my card, in a clear enveloppe so that everyone can enjoy the card along the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...