Friday, May 23, 2008

WSC 49 & B Happy!


Okay, so tonight I was feeling - well, BLUE. So I created this first card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge, which called for three horizontal bands of color and a circle element. As if on a mission from God, (or SCS) Zindorf's tutorial used this same concept so I CASED. The cardstock is soft sky, and I brayered more soft sky on. Then I sponged Celery and Ballet Blue over some embossed Stem Silhouette images. I masked th emoon with a 1 3/8 punch and a post it note. My punch doesn't punch cleanly through the post it though. I have to hand cut the top of the circle. Anyone else have that issue? I guess cardstock is the ideal medium for that punch. Speaking of punches, the one I used in the next card - the Boho Blossoms punch - is very hard to punch with .. Anyone? Of course, as you know, I'm old!! :) So maybe it'st just me.

Anyway, old or no, I did make up a card based on a color scheme in the catalog. My sort of vague somewhat
photographic memory tells me it was towards the back. It's Old Olive and Soft Sky. I randomly got the Basic Grey wasp shipment !!! from Tracey this week and it just happened to have a piece of patterned paper with both those colors in it! LOVE it. So I used it for this "Just B" card.

I stamped the B and the "happy" in Versamark and embossed with clear. The rest is easy - the punch and the felt flowers. I cheated and used a Bashful Blue brad because they don't make Soft Sky Brads. Anybody besides me want markers and accessories in the InColors? Maybe that is what they will tell us at convention - that and die cut stamps - PLEASE STAMPIN' UP PLEASE!!!!

Whoa - what just happened?

Okay - wish me luck tomorrow - gonna try to walk 13+ for training for the 3 day walk and it's REALLY hot - been over 100 already a few times this week. I'm about to post a link for my walk if you want to help me. I'm a little behind in my training now because I'm so busy it's hard to walk during the week, so I am just doing the big ones on the weekends. I gotta get with the program though - November will be here before you know it!!

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend planned. We have a trip to the ranch, editing, stamping and a whole lot of nothing on Monday. Hallelujah!!!


3 comments:

  1. the blue card is great, and very creative! i really like the saying too. i need to go back and read what you did more carefully. it's cool though....

    the olive card has some interesting elements also.

    have fun this weekend, and the earlier you can get up and walk the better! i didn't know you were doing the 3-day!! i couldn't find the link you spoke of either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,
    Both cards look wonderful! I love that you brayered the three different layers!
    I am with you. I want Markers and BRADS in the In Colors as well as die cut stamps. I hope the fact that the set we can preorder (Fresh Cuts) is die cut, is an indicator that all the sets in the new catalog will be.
    Crossing my fingers over here.

    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping positive thoughts about those die cut stamps here as well....lol...and how about some In Color markers?

    WTG on The Walk! I do the Susan Komen 5 K every November...not brave enough to do the 60 mile walk..I think that might do me in. That seems really close to the 5 K date...do they coincide?

    Thanks for sharing the blue card...beautiful as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...