Sunday, June 29, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge!


I've got cupcakes on the brain. Today we edited our "Hey Cupcake" episode - in combination with a Fresh Cuts card for the episode that's due tonight at midnight (I left Cynt editing at 4!!!), and by itself for submission to Martha. It's an adorable card, but I can't reveal it since it would air next week. So I thought I'd console myself with Taylor's Cupcake Challenge, which I've never participated in! I love her blog though.

So this card features the cupcake image from ABC Images (you KNOW how much I love that!), Chocolate Chip cardstock, which, thanks to my friend Vicki, features the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder!!! The scallops are done with the small flower from the Boho Blossoms punch (Wild Wasabi) just for something a little different! The ribbon is Martha Stewart self adhesive ribbon, which might just be the best invention since STAMPS. I used a rub on from the Love & Happiness set, and added a Boho Blossoms punched flower (Wild Wasabi), with a punched out 1/4" circle of chocolate chip and accented with the gel pen. The cupcake wrapper is colored with my cocoa Copic and lightened with my Colorless blender. The top is made with Martha Stewart Craft Glue and Martha Stewart Blue Topaz Coarse Glitter.

Made some wicked good Carne Guisada tonight. Soooooo good. Hope you guys had a great weekend. I can't believe it's almost over. Good thing a long weekend is coming!!!

G'night!

3 comments:

  1. So cute, Lydia! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm craving wasabi and cupcakes. Hmmm. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday I will educate myself on this "cuttlebug" thing. I don't know what it is but I'm pretty sure I want it. The brown paper is so rich and delicious looking - great choice for the cupcake card!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...