Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Inspiration Challenge



I really love the Inspiration Challenges on SCS, and I'm always sad when one goes by that I don't have a chance to participate in. Oh, how I would love to fill my days with stamping challenges!!!

Anyway, the inspiration tonight was this gorgeous cupcake website. Flip through the wedding cakes on their home page and you will encounter their "chintz" cake, which is one of the many AMAZING cakes they feature. Why don't we WEAR more of this type of pattern? It's such great eye candy.

I was inspired by this cake, and settled on Kind Thoughts, since, as you know, it was on my desk!!

I stamped it in Chocolate Chip on the INSANELY LOVELY new Pirouette Pink. I colored the design with my Pretty in Pink Marker (Stampin' up! - please make markers in the In Colors - PUH LEASE? I'll be such a good demonstrator, I promise!!) and added some sassy rhinestones in all the right places.

The greeting is from the upcoming hostess set Serene Spring, whose bunny and bird have bewitched me completely.

What a great thought.

On that topic, I just need to say how sad I am to say goodbye to my beloved Tony Snow today, whose tears on 9/11, and smiles, wit and graceful words from the Sunday morning news desk and in the speeches he wrote all touched my heart like no one on television has ever done. What a sweet and charming man he was. That man loved America like few people in public life seem to - deeply, humbly and unashamedly emotionally.

Bye Tony. You are missed.

3 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, Lydia!! I love the bling you've added!!

    I think SU is missing the boat on not having markers with the In Colors. My fingers are crossed that they change their minds this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how those two pinks go together ... wonderful inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a wonderful example of the beautiousness you create and the information you share that helps me figure out that i might like the new in colors! so elegant and chic!

    the tribute to tony snow that was on the news over the weekend depicted him just as he was--a man with his heart on his sleeve who fought a valiant fight and left the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...