I love birds. I know some people are deathly afraid of them, and I don't really want one stuck in my hair or anything, but they are very cool to look at. Especially ones made out of designer paper.
I needed to do something quick tonight. So the DSP birds are always a good bet.
The first one I made is from the new Basic Grey Ambrosia - wow is this stuff pretty. Just sizzix your bird, add a little matching strip and a chocolate chip hole punch for the eye, and it's a very striking ensemble. The card base is chocolate chip, and the greeting is in craft white from Absolutely Fabulous. I punched the eye with my double circle punch. So I have an extra eye or two laying around if anyone needs one! :)
The bird is popped up with dimensionals - I absolutely love the shadow this makes.
I liked it so much I had to have another. This time on Very Vanilla, with a chocolate chip greeting and a Holiday Treasures Designer Paper bird.
Now I'd love to tell you on that Basic Grey bird that I lined him up painstakingly to get that cool pattern just so, but I would be lying.
Now - onto some fun this evening.
Sweet Joan Ervin - a Dirty Girl who I finally got to meet at the Zindorf affair (yes, she left without a shirt) tagged me last night!!
The rules are as follows:
I have to share 7 random facts about myself and tag 7 people. If you have been tagged, you just post a link to your tagger and pay it forward - enjoy all this strange things you are going to learn about me & my 7! Darn it I wish I hadn't confessed to liking birds!! :)
So here goes:
1) I have a Master's degree in Slavic Linguistics. Seriously. It helps me stamp. Plus I can curse in Russian in an elevator and people just move over.
2) I met Timothy Leary and G. Gordon Liddy in college.
3) I have had a recurring dream of a 20 story wave coming towards a building I'm in since I was about 10. I have it a few times a year.
4) My favorite dessert is pumpkin pie.
5) I'm allergic to white tailed deer. One licked me in Johnson City and I had a giant imprint of an itchy deer tongue on my arm for an alarmingly long time!
6) I sometimes walk in my sleep
7) I LOVE roller coasters, and my favorite is the Tower of Terror in Orlando. I could start my day that way every day.
So here are my tag-ees!
I can't wait to see what you gals reveal!