Monday, September 29, 2008

Bird Watching

I love birds. I know some people are deathly afraid of them, and I don't really want one stuck in my hair or anything, but they are very cool to look at. Especially ones made out of designer paper.

I needed to do something quick tonight. So the DSP birds are always a good bet.

The first one I made is from the new Basic Grey Ambrosia - wow is this stuff pretty. Just sizzix your bird, add a little matching strip and a chocolate chip hole punch for the eye, and it's a very striking ensemble. The card base is chocolate chip, and the greeting is in craft white from Absolutely Fabulous. I punched the eye with my double circle punch. So I have an extra eye or two laying around if anyone needs one! :)

The bird is popped up with dimensionals - I absolutely love the shadow this makes.

I liked it so much I had to have another. This time on Very Vanilla, with a chocolate chip greeting and a Holiday Treasures Designer Paper bird.

Now I'd love to tell you on that Basic Grey bird that I lined him up painstakingly to get that cool pattern just so, but I would be lying.

Now - onto some fun this evening.

Sweet Joan Ervin - a Dirty Girl who I finally got to meet at the Zindorf affair (yes, she left without a shirt) tagged me last night!!

The rules are as follows:

I have to share 7 random facts about myself and tag 7 people. If you have been tagged, you just post a link to your tagger and pay it forward - enjoy all this strange things you are going to learn about me & my 7! Darn it I wish I hadn't confessed to liking birds!! :)

So here goes:

1) I have a Master's degree in Slavic Linguistics. Seriously. It helps me stamp. Plus I can curse in Russian in an elevator and people just move over.
2) I met Timothy Leary and G. Gordon Liddy in college.
3) I have had a recurring dream of a 20 story wave coming towards a building I'm in since I was about 10. I have it a few times a year.
4) My favorite dessert is pumpkin pie.
5) I'm allergic to white tailed deer. One licked me in Johnson City and I had a giant imprint of an itchy deer tongue on my arm for an alarmingly long time!
6) I sometimes walk in my sleep
7) I LOVE roller coasters, and my favorite is the Tower of Terror in Orlando. I could start my day that way every day.

So here are my tag-ees!

Kristie Morrison
Lisa A.
Jenn Nahrstadt
Kim Williams
Neelam Kulkarni
LIbby Hickson
Tisa Jackson

I can't wait to see what you gals reveal!

G'night.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous birds Lydia! Love them.
    As for the tag...thanks for that...I'll have to think up 7 really strange things to share...I have done it before, but I think my facts may have been a little mundane, this time I'll think up some good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to teach me some of those Russian words!!! Heeheee...too funny!!! You have lead a very interesting life, for sure!!! My life is pretty boring....I just stamp without a shirt....oh, well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the birds, very pretty. I'm glad someone owned up to the shirt! Hate to see a naked stamper! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like both bird cards, but the second is my favorite.

    i had a part-time job where i counted russian words on manuscripts the summer before i married bob. had NO idea what i was reading! you would've been helpful and fun to have by my side then.

    i've posted my 7 things. not very enlightening, i fear. i'm boring. btw, no mr. b today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Thanks for the tag!! Sorry I didn't reply before now, I am sooo behind on blogging it's shameful. Well - hope to get to it soon, but thanks so much!!!! Your deer allergy cracked me up - sorry if I'm laughing at your pain, but that tongue imprint is too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...