Friday, February 13, 2009

Ghettopress - Part II + Cat Tricks

Yes, more ghettopress. One of the things I like about letterpress is the combination of plain debossing with printed debossing, so that's what I tried to create here.

I used a different debossing method here to give you a different option, so check it out, then stay tuned for Splotch antics. People have been clamoring for the kitties!!

Okay, begin the same way we began yesterday's card. Punch a heart out of a post it note and then use it as a mask. I added a few more post its to make sure I didn't go past the mask with my stamping and sponging.

I sponged Pixie Pink in the mask, and then stamped the spiral from Trendy Trees.

Next, I punched the same shape heart out of a scrap of cardstock, and applied Dotto and placed this on top of my sponged and stamped image, being careful to precisely cover the heart. Then, turn the card over, and from the INSIDE of the card, trace the edges of the punched cardstock card. This creates debossing on the front of the card, or a recessed heart. Use both the fine and wider ends of the stylus to get good definition.
Then, to create debossed hearts that are not inked, I punched three of the smaller hearts from cardstock and affixed them to the front of my card with Dotto. Again, flip to the inside of the card, feel for the edges of the hearts, and trace them firmly with your stylus.

That gives you these sassy debossed/recessed teeny hearts above your first one.
Then, just add a strip of Pixie Pink, scallop border punched, and some ribbon and you have a SASSMASTER card!! I used one of the greetings from Trendy Trees in Basic Black.

Speaking of sassmaster, let's talk about Splotchito.

He's "special." He, like a border collie, needs to be challenged. In laywoman's terms, this means "PAY ATTENTION TO ME OMG PLEASE PLAY WITH ME OMG I AM GOING TO SCRATCH THE WALL AND YIP AND BARK AND SQUEAK WHERE ARE YOU PLEASE PLAY PLEASE THROW THE BALL OMG PLEASE REALLY PLEASE NO PAY ATTENTION TO ME."

Really. (S)he barks and squeaks every second that you are not focused on entertainment.

So we have invented some coyote games for our little coyote.

One involves throwing a ball against the wall and having Splotch do agility trials.

Check it out.

Oh wait - first (s)he wants to show you the latest in kitty legwarmers. He loves his little kitty Uggs that the vet gave him during his spay.Here he is dribbling the ball before the setup.

Now, the Yoga Jump. He invented this technique.
Now the running dribble.
Now - didn't I tell you she was a bat? She hasn't grown into THOSE GIANT FANGS YET!!! I'M A LITTLE SKRD.
Tomorrow - a new valentine technique!!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

6 comments:

  1. Great card Lydia!!! Love the pics of the kitties too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I am laughing so hard...! Those kitty pics are hilarious! did I say I was LOL'ing???? Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, your cats, your commentary---magnificent! Your posts make my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cat antics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card but man your kitties steal the show!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFLOLOLOL! The card is great but the kitty pix just rock!

    I have a female Persian who'd like to challenge your kitty to indoor soccer. Your place or mine. But my place is in So. Florida so you might wanna pack up the kids and come here. Oh. And also, stupid-kitty-trapeze-stunts ... but I warn you, Gabby rulezzzzzzzzzz in this event.

    Have a great w/e!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...