Thursday, February 19, 2009

Off with her head!

I just can't do it.

It's very hard for me to stamp sort of realistic looking people. It's really hard to make faces look good other than in photos I think, and so I'm always disturbed by them in stamps. I just can't do it. It would be like going to the circus or patting a wolf spider. There are some fears just not worth facing.

Maybe that's why the MFT girls are headless. They're just prettier without their heads. Weird, but true.

So you won't catch me stamping that lady from one of my most favorite new sets - Sip by Sip. I just can't.

But I LOVE the rest of it. I love the retro look and the cleanness of it. So freaking fun. This is one I will NEVER part with, should, God forbid, it retire.

And LOOKY - I used the new magnetic Sizzix die, that lets you place that little label punch out (also a teeny die) anywhere you want on your card!! I LOVE THIS THING!!!

The colors here are Basic Black and Tangerine Tango. That's it. Very simple card.

Mmm. Coffee. Can't wait for mine tomorrow. Love that coffeeshop, I do.

I have some exciting news to share with you guys this weekend! (Insert torturous long wait here)


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

8 comments:

  1. What a tease you are ha ha ha Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, there you go teasing us again. What did we ever do to you? Sorry, had to get some teasing back at ya!

    Seriously cute card, and I am so jealous you have the moveable window die-cut thingy. That thing is too awesome, but a bit too expensive for my wallet. Use it alot so I can oo and awe even though I don't have one. haha.

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card! I love it. Crisp and Clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the thing about the people. Although I do enjoy when they are more cartoon looking than realistic.

    Cute card.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that lady is just creepy! Do you like the die? I have heard it layers with the Curly Label punch. I'm just not sure I NEED it, yet.

    WV: warth. I'm just not sure it is warth the expense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're in what i'll call your "white phase". i like it, and this set. knew this one would be callin' your name! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this may be one of my most favorite cards i've seen you post! it's wonderful!!! i love how your style is so totally different from what i think of as "SU style"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer a woman with a good head on her shoulders. bwahahahaaaa. And I kind of like that stamp.

    Cute card.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...