Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yeah, I know it's a Retired Set...

But I really really like it.

Especially the little old fashioned pram.

When did we decide that it was better for babies to face away from us in the modern stroller? What if you're walking along with your Ipod on and your baby has a wasp on its face? What if your baby just learned the entire American Sign Language Alphabet and is madly signing away and you are missing it? What if he/she just flipped off another baby?

I'm just saying - I think it's weird to have them facing a different direction. We should go back to these.


This is a 5 X 5.5 card, and I used a Behr oversized paint chip for the background. The card base is Chocolate Chip (sorry it looks black). I colored the buggy with my blender pen and Pirouette Pink, cut out and popped up the little cover, (inspired by the lovely and talented Lisa Somerville and her fabby card, here) and added glitter to the carriage and the spokes of the wheels.
Hope you have a great Ash Wednesday!

If you are the type of person who gives something up for Lent, leave it in a comment.

I am doing something very difficult. In years past, I gave up: chocolate, sweets in general, fast food (anything not served by a waiter/waitress), fried food etc.

This year, *sniff* I am giving up my beloved breve. Breve is the Starbucks word for half and half. Every day I have a quad short breve no foam latte. So until Easter, it will be an extremely spare and monk like regular milk latte. Which might not seem like a big deal to you, but it is the food/drink I look forward to every day. It starts my day every day. That and other Starbucks happiness. :) To me, regular milk is like water. Or worse. Sometimes I add half and half to my cereal. It runs in my veins. I gotta stop before I cry.

I will also add something, which I did last year. Not sure what that will be yet.

But Starbucks - watch the heck out on Easter Sunday!!!!!!!!!

What about you?

Hey - we saw a CRAZY huge comet tonight! It was all different colors when you looked through binoculars. Story here - and it really was colored. My nephew studies physics and swore a comet that size would destroy the earth, but apparently he needs to hit the books!

But the skies over Austin sure have been exciting lately!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

9 comments:

  1. I am giving up sweets this year. No sugared cereal, no candy, no treats. I am drawing the line at my coffee, I don't think I would be tolerable without it.

    Pretty cool about that comet. I am going to look heavenward tonight to see if it shows itself again. Do you remember what time and what compass direction you saw it in?

    Love the baby buggy! It doesn't matter that it is retired...it is still adorable! Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. step down to WHOLE milk instead of 2%. i don't think you'll be in such anguish that way. still, if being reminded daily of what Christ gave up in Heaven when He came to live here and give Himself for us, then perhaps 2% would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that baby carriage is super cute.

    But, although I'm not a parent yet. I think I prefer those Baby Slings.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instead of giving something up for Lent, I try to take on something new and healthy and usually by the end, I've either developed a new wonderful habit, or lost some weight! This year, I will be going through a closet or box or drawer a day and pitching things I don't need anymore! Happy Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two weird things about your post today:) I just found a whole stack of those paint chips (mainly pink:)and I moved them to a spot so that I would actually use them for their intended purpose-uh, stamping!! Love your card by the way. And, the most important is what you gave up for Lent. I also have given up my most FAVORITE thing in the world...my Starbucks Mocha Frappachino (ok, I don't know how to spell it but, I LOVE it:) I am a mostly SAHM who needs to leave the house even if it is for only 25 minutes to go get my drink. It has turned into my sanity...good luck to both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi My priest challenged us a few years ago not to give up something for lent but to do something for some one else. so I am organizing a soup supper for the seniors this Saturday. and of course the napkins, signs everything will be stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your too funny! I love the stroller. This year for Lent. I have decided to make "Healthy Choices." So instead of ice cream, I will eat yougart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been outside for the last 2 nights for almost 2 hrs./night and could not find that darn comet! Geez...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm; i'm not catholic so i don't give up anything for lent. i know some do but i just think that's weird.

    and i love the old fashioned prams - you are totally right, we need to go back to them. of course, they still make them - for about $1,000 dollars - all the celebrities have them. and if i had just money to blow, i'd have one too! although i guess some people think kids would rather look at the world than their momma!!

    p.s. yes i did see your tutorial on SCS - pretty cool gig!!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...