Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Salty, the One Eyed, the Misunderstood

My friend Melissa and I were talking about underdogs the other day. Both of us are the underdog lovers. We love the hopeless, the one eared, the quirky, be it furry or human.

I wonder why that is.

I wonder if there's a gene that determines whether you will gravitate towards the perfectly tanned, chiclet toothed investment banker/June Cleaver type people and the $2000 dogs or fluffy Himalayan cats with immaculate fur ...

or towards the kinky tailed bowlegged cats, and friends with asymmetrical smiles and adorable little chips in one tooth?

I bet there is a gene. Because I can't help it. I'm just not a chiclet toothed fluffy himalayan pedigree chick.

Which might be why I love pirates.

There's no stray more fun than a pirate. A peg legged, one eyed little outcast sounds like so much fun. Especially if you run around taking the king's stuff.

The new catalog is crammed full of lopsided cuteness, including pirate stuff. And so I finally found a use for those popsicle sticks that come with the rub-ons. I usually throw them away - but today? Today I hoist a jolly roger on them!!The background is made with white craft ink and Real Red ink with the new grunge background set called Extreme Elements, and the rest is from Pirate Time.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Just a few days till the weekend!!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what do you know, I am first to comment today! Tee Hee

    I am not much of a pirate fan, but Lydia, this card is way to cute.
    Adorable.

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it (and love pirates, too)! Your background is fantastic! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...