Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tree-Mendous Caturday!


It's Caturday!! Finally!!

And finally I can show you my very first sample from the new Doodle Factory release - Into the Woods!! I love this set for so many reasons, but today, it's because I love trees almost as much as I love little stampy birds! Wait till you see what's in here that I love even more than that!

To kick off the release, I made a little Tree-mendous gift set - a bag and four cards. Each one has a different doodly "season" of sorts - with different stamps from the set featured on the trees. The greetings are FABBY with this set!!

But before I show you the project, can I just say I'm in love with my Big Shot?? DANG I love it. And today was the first time I stopped hoarding the balsa sheets from Stampin' Up! I LOVE THEM!! They cut so smoothly and perfectly!!

I used our Ovals Big Shot die, and cut ovals to frame my trees. Then I stamped the trees in Basic Black Craft Ink and let them dry. The craft ink stayed right where I put it - so crisp and nice. Then I colored the trees with Copics. They absorb color beautifully, and the more you color, the more of the grain comes through. Looky -

Cool, huh? Well then I ran some retired DSP through the Fancy Favor die to get this bag, which I embellished with a pennant with the Tree-mendous greeting and an EK success tree punch with Basic Grey DSP.


The first tree features apples, stamped on Basic Grey Red dsp, and accented with a green souffle pen and Crystal Effects. I used a Costco gel pen for the dots on the Chocolate Chip Scalloped note. I used Basic Grey DSP inside each of the cards and SU! ribbon on all.

I love the teeny acorns. :)
Then I popped them all in the bag.

I hope you guys are having a GREAT Saturday!!


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

6 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable set of cards and a super cute bag to boot!!! Love them all!! Nicely done, Lydia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! I just love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty and clever project! I especially like the tree on wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I'm luvin' it! These new Doodle Factory stamp sets are just your style and you did them justice.

    Really stinkin' cute cards! Whimsical and earthy at the same time. If anyone could pull that off- it'd be you! Great job!

    WV-custine- what somebody says when saying goodbye to Steinfield. "C U stine!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn it! I have NO Doodle Factory stamps, and now you've made me want these. Nice work, missy! Grrr ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia,

    OMG! What a cute card set! Loving it!

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...