Thursday, August 6, 2009

Twitter Blackout on Day One!

Really world?? A Twitter blackout on the first day of convention? The HUMANITY!! So I'm sorry for the electronic darkness today! But we are back!

I'll just do my random notes as per usual... Here are the cool lights over Mainstage - yes, blue.
One of the demonstrations used the balsa wood sheets in the Big Shot - look how cool it looks with just the edges sponged!!
Here's Emily putting together her stamps at lunch at Takashi. The waiter said - "are you ready to order or do you just want to do crafts?" Tee hee...
Look at their beautiful menu board.
Lookie! A scrapbook page I sent in got posted on the boards!!!
Here are the samples they made with the Build a Bear dies. Custom cutting the clothing made some really fun outfits!!
Look at the little suit!! She striped the tie with the Razzleberry marker.
For this project, she die cut fabric with Wonder Under on the back and appliqued it to a little canvas bag from the dollar store.
Inside, she stamped matching bears for a little coloring book to go. Adorable!This was a swap Emily got with a little cardinal made with punches. SOOO cute.
And then last night, we had my blog gathering. I was so touched by all the nice girls that came, they brought gifts, they made me laugh - it was such a special night. I can't thank all of you enough for that. XOXO. It's so cool to know that when you leave me comments now I can really say I know you!

Look - there were even blue lights in the trees outside!

Here is the world's most wonderful, sweet, kind, beautiful and light filled woman - Linda Hansen - who was gracious enough not only to come by, but she brought the most wonderful little box that SHE made, filled with her favorite delicious saltwater taffy. (Pic on Twitter) I love you Linda.

She is hugging someone else I love - Dana Keith, whose bubbly happy self I am going to miss the second this week is over.
Linda might have bruises all over her from the squeezing and I'm fairly certain she's blind from the flashes popping in her eyes.
Here's a shot of part of this wonderful group.
And here are some more...
YAY!
And here are Dana and I. Dana and I share the trait of laughing to the point where people kick us out of places. Neither of us care :)
I have more pics I will post later, but the ones of these great ladies are my favorites. I feel so fortunate to be able to spend time with such joyful fun and talented creatures!!

I'm gonna go have some more fun with them now and then I'll share board pics tomorrow!!


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

7 comments:

  1. Linda is awesome, isn't she!??! I am so jealous of all of the Convention-goodness you're getting to enjoy. Oh well, maybe next year the husband won't be deployed at the most important time of the year to a SU! demo!! Thanks for the peeks and the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ooohing and aaahing and smiling with everyone. Thank you for making me feel like I'm right there. You are appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a great time!! And wow, I can't believe you are buddies with Linda Hansen!! I am soooo not cool enough to hang with you! :-)

    And that cardinal swap is the cutest thing ever. You need to have it at one of your workshops! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U and Linda? I am telling UR husband at this very moment- he will be jealous just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun!! It's good they gave us our own corner of the restaurant so we could LOL in peace without the *STARES* I receive in public...like, every 15 minutes or so!
    Lydia, you are way fun and I'm sooo glad we're getting to spend time together here in stampin' bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there are so many fun things to comment on based on these pics it's hard to know where to begin!

    love the blue lights...didn't understand what you meant when i read the blip on FB, but now i do!

    and WOOO HOOOO! on getting that scrapbook page on the display boards! i remember you telling me about making it the night before i came to see you!!! it's very cool.

    the blog party looks like it was a blast, and i think i would've been joining in the loud laughter and lovin' every minute of it.

    that cardinal from punches...amazing! i'm trying to figure out which ones it used...large oval, 1" circle, heart, word window. i have a friend who loves cardinals who would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue:

    SOOO sorry I missed your get-together - but I was standing in the Memento Mall line! Just COULDN'T hack it in the AM, so tried again in the afternoon, and THEN, we barely made it.

    Had so wanted to meet you in person...

    Maybe next year?

    Sam Slimak
    stampinsamsgarage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...