Thursday, August 20, 2009

What Exactly Do You Mean by Strong?

You know how there's a difference between how people see you and how you are in your head? People tell you - "you're strong" and you say "no, I'm not." Or they say "you're very artistic" and you look in your trashcan at some really quite embarrassing attempts at art that you're glad no one can see. I can tell you that one of my very favorite stamping artists does not think of herself as the end all and be all of artists, as I think of her.

I saw a quote yesterday that I just loved.

"when life gives you lemons, MAKE ORANGE JUICE and let people wonder how you did it"

There's always the possibility that it's your friends that make you strong or artistic, and not the inside of your head, you know.

Your fluffy tailed little rabbit friends, perhaps. You know the best view of these little guys is from behind. :)


Stamps: All Night Media Ink:Black Paper: Kraft CS, Old book Page, Basic Black Accessories: Micron Pen, Stampin' Up! Rubon, Prismacolors


Stampendous was asking on Twitter yesterday what was the stamp that you can't live without is. That's a pretty hard question for a girl with, uh, a "few" stamps.

But every time I open my contraband drawer, and I see this little bunny butt stamp from All Night Media, I'm pretty sure I'd grab it first if there was a fire. How can that image not make you smile?

Have a great Thursday!

Loveyameanitbye.


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

5 comments:

  1. I HAVE this stamp. In fact, pre-SU, it was my back-of-the-card stamp a la Hallmark. :-)

    A good friend of mine was joking about "meet the artist", and when I looked shocked, he told me emphatically "You ARE an artist". And that stuff in the trash we all have? Even the greatest artists did not get it right the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,

    That stamp and that card are adorable!

    None of us are completely happy with our own creations. Why the heck do you think I get so excited everytime you leave a comment on my blog?!

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you used this stamp! I have this stamp too and another bunny butt! I don't know why, but I've always thought the little backsides were so cute. Nice to know that I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, I have this stamp too, have had it FOREVAH and just love the Bunny Butts. Guess I better go make me a card, yes-sir-ree-Bob!

    And I love that quote, thank you very much - can I quote YOU?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are strong and artistic

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...