Thursday, September 24, 2009

Don't B Skrd - HE'S JUST GONNA EAT UR BRAINZ!

Ohhh - wait a sec though. Before he eats ur brainz, you will need them for my story.

At the Stampin' Up! convention this summer, I took a class from one of my fave SU employees ever in the world. However, it was one of my last classes and I was exhausted. You people have NO idea how overstimulated a person can get in that environment. I was at the point where I was sucking my thumb and whining. Seriously.

So instead of my usual center aisle seat, I sat on the floor in the back. I figured I'd make less of a scene when I fell over in a coma and started drooling.

But then my ADD kicked in and I noticed a really cool fountain style card holder on the table in the back with some of her samples. I went in for a closer look.It was a perfect tabletop display - multi levels, visually interesting, stable. Hmm. She must have gotten questions about it, because there was a little handwritten note next to it that said "Card holder from Dayspring.com".

Having been to memento mall, I feared the compulsive hoarders that surrounded me. So I crackberried my sis and had her order me two of them.

They arrived in time for my birthday. I went to put them together though and found that one was missing THE screw that held it together. It's okay - I set the other one up and set a Google Task to call about the second one. I finally crossed that off the list last week and sent an email.

The next day, I get a response from Johnna, who apologizes profusely, and says she looked for that part, and since they didn't have one in stock, was going to replace the one I had. She signed her email "Blessings."

Now that, my friends, is a blessing.

Thank you Dayspring, for my cool card holder I will use in the craft fair I bought them for, and thanks Johnna for being a blessing.

Okay - now that you are done with your brainz, MY LITTLE WEREWOLF IS GOING TO EAT THEM... LOOK HOW HE ALREADY LICKED THESE LITTLE SKULLZ CLEAN. MWAAHHHAAA.



Stamps: Doodle Factory Costume Party Ink: Basic Black Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Grey
Accessories:
1" Circle Punch, Green Copic, White Gel Pen, Red Uniball Pen

This is the new Doodle Factory Costume Party Set and I made it with some presents sent to me by the WORLD'S SWEETEST WOMAN - Lisa, of Papergrace. I am serious - she's crazy sweet. She sent me this crazy big box of rare and prized goodies, including the new Basic Grey Eerie, Indian Summer, which I felt like putting in the freezer and hoarding FOREVER, and OH - the Graphic 45. Wow. So I thought I would put it to use with a little gory Halloween action.

To make the moon, FYI - I punched it out of Basic Grey, and then just cut around the tree design to slip it behind.

Hope ur brainz are tasty. :)

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this card is just too cute!

    At the Conv I attended, I sat on the floor in the back at several classes, myself! Lots of us doing that.

    And I LOVE that card holder! I might have to hoard one or two myself - one for the coffee shop that sells my cards ... one for ....

    WV: inillec. It does not take a lot of innilec to see that is a FAB card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoarding paper in the freezer...classic! Now I know where my overflows should go!

    Great card, and I love the new card holders, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card. What a great idea to make the moon stand out. I also really like the lacy touch. Your little monster guy looks like he could be put with the rest of the "Wild Things" monsters. Great card.
    I really enjoyed your story about the convention. There have been many a times I have felt that way my self. Thankfully, friends have always threatend me, to keep me from falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darn delightful. The perfect touch for a moonlit stroll. The little green guy is great and I love the sprouting skulls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely PERFECT. I love every bit of it!! The colors, the layout, the patterns....You're so talented. Thanks for sharing and have a nice weekend!
    //Nina

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...