Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Little Chickadee..

When I was on a gallery stalk yesterday through Splitcoast, I found this amazing little chickadee ornament made by someone much more organized than myself - She's thinking about Christmas! Goodness. I haven't caught up to the 4th of July yet!! Stop making me look bad!

She made that ornament look good though, didn't she?

However, she gave me a near fatal case of bird flu. I desperately clawed through my stamp piles until I found the Friends 24-7 set with my fat little bird. I love fat birds with little bellies. I also love pale blue plates with black and white birds all over them. That's what I had in mind when I created this.

Stamps: Friends 24-7 Ink: Soft Sky, Basic Black
Paper
: Soft Sky, Book Page Accessories: White Gel Pen, Stampin' Sponge, Self Adhesive Rhinestones


Then I grabbed an old Bobsey Twins book and got to work!

Look - I can hear you - quit yelling about the fact that Soft Sky is retired. I love it - okay?? I'm going to hoard it and keep using it forever, a little at a time. I yell about Soft Sky and Pacific Point Blue every day, believe me.

Hope you have a great day today. I get to see my airport art today - whoopee! Film at 11! Not really. I'm never awake at 11.

Anyway - loveyameanitbye.

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lydia... this is scrumptious. Delicious design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I see one of your cards with an old book page used on it, I don't think you can make it any cuter! And then BAM! Here's another super cute book page card!

    I love the blue background with the fat little birdie! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,

    I feel your pain on the retired blue colors, I miss them too. I miss purely pomegranate too. Darn those SU people, did they not listen to our tearful pleas? Do they not share our pain? Sob, sniff, sniff. Wait, I need to get a tissue. @#$@#$. That was me blowing my nose. Please excuse me.
    I think I deserve an Emmy for that one!

    On a happier note, I love that card! That bird looks adorable on .....sniff....soft sky.

    Love ya,

    The Cat Whisperer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Sturgis SD! Lydia, is that Friends 24/7 a Stampin' Up set? I love the bird, and soft sky is my fav also!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...