Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rain Would be Less Humid

I pretty much almost died in the jungles of Austin this morning.

I set out for my walk at about 6 AM in an atmosphere of absolutely apocalyptic humidity and heat. It was so still, and the world looked positively post-zombie attack.

There wasn't another idiotic soul about. Just me, and my impending heart failure from the jungly heat.

The farther I went, the worse I felt, and the emptier the world got.

Everyone else was clearly already dead of some sort of humidity related illness. I envied them.

Nothing in the swampy town where I grew up and battled the elements with AquaNet had prepared me for today.

When I was done, I truly felt ill and was completely worthless. I had a Frosty for lunch. I am just now feeling human again.

I have an appropriately watery card for you in tribute to my near death experience!

This was one of the cards I made for Virtual Stamp Night. This challenge was to use water on a card. I busted out my new Lawn Fawn stamps and got to work. I also combined this with a tent card challenge - I had never made one of these before!

First, I stamped the clouds in Whisper White craft ink. After the ink dried, it was really too pale, so I thought I'd outline them with my Copic. As I started doing it, I realized the craft ink was resisting the Copic! What a great find! It meant I didn't have to be careful at all.
Inside the card I stamped the little raindrops in Versamark and clear embossed them.


I LOVE the way the raindrops look in clear. I will be using these a lot!

So how's the weather in your part of the world? Not jungly I hope!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :) Want to see my other blog?

4 comments:

  1. i Hate humidity. Moving to Atlantic Canada from the prairies at the end of summer was quite the eye opener. You're quite the woman for going for a walk in such jungly conditions (kudos on the Frosty - well deserved!)

    Your card is super cute - love the clear raindrops... think it may be time for some new Lawn Fawn stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are one funny person. Thank you for sharing your story and your lovely card. Hope you have a much better day today.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was terribly humid here too! Everytime that I stepped out of the air conditioned preproom (sample boards for convention) into the swamp cooled ware house I just about fainted and I really felt bad for all those picking orders in those conditions! Going to a Peter Brienholt concert around the corner in a few minutes and I hope that I don't sweat too much.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can totally relate..it's been VERY humid here in SC. It's been in the 90's with 100% humidity.

    Love your card...I have to admit I had a duh moment there for a min..said to self...hmmm why haven't you used the versamark for water drops..LOL. Love the look.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...