Saturday, August 21, 2010

Flatterday Saturday!!

ACK! I'm so excited today! The sweet ladies of {Ippity} have done me the HUGE honor of featuring me on the {Ippity} blog today for Flatterday Saturday!

I was fortunate enough to meet the AMAZING Unity and {Ippity} team at CHA, and if you're familiar with their work, I can tell you that they are all even more beautiful and sweet in real life than they are on the interwebz.

I've gotten to know some of them through my work at Splitcoast, like sweet, sweet Kelly, who enabled me into my fave {Ippity} set - Fishy Philosophy.

You guys know how much I love Swimmy, and when I saw this set, I had to have it.
To make this card, I stamped my little fishy in Memento Tuxedo black, and then colored him with pencils. THEN, I blended them with a new product I just bought from England. It's called Zest-It, and it's a pencil blending product that is all natural, and smells like oranges. I really don't like to use stuff that has warning labels about brain tumors, so I was excited when I read about this. I'm super pleased with it. You use it just like you would use mineral spirits, with a paper blending tool. You can read more about it here.

I cut the fishbowl with my circle Sizzix die, and then cut a second circle in Soft Sky. I ran it back through my Big Shot with my Cat's Pajamas wave die to make the water. Fun, eh? I stamped the coral in Sahara Sand, and then used blue stickles to bling it up.

So thank you so much, {Ippity} chicks, and sweet Kelly - you guys have really made my month!! I love your show, babes!

Please head over to this post and leave my sweet girls some lovin!

Have a happy Saturday!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :) Want to see my other blog?

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!
    The glittery coral is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute card Lydia! Love how you made the fish bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lydia! Love the waves and sweet fish and you have outdone yourself with this special coral effect. Swimmy must love his little home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I think this is my favorite of all your work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Lydia! Love your fish bowl card. It's awesome! Your coloring looks wonderful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia, what a great card and congratulations. Zest-It sounds like a really neat product. I think many papercrafters will be interested in a non-toxic product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So where did you get Zest-it? I, too, hesitate to use mineral spirits too often, especially because I work in my basement - not too much air circulation there...

    Love the card - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! This little fish is making me happy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S: can you find the Zest-it in the US or did you buy it on the UK website?...
    My pencils haven't seen much love in a long time because I stopped using the toxic blending solution when i was pregnant and didn't go back... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just darling, Lydia!! I love the glittery coral, how you've colored your fishy, and your water!! Congrats on being featured too!! Well deserved, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ack! LOVE this, everything about it. hugs! and I'm having so much fun scrolling through your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...