Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Clumsy Monsters!

So last night I have this dream that our neighbors (who were not our neighbors of course) come to our house, open our door, yell inside and blow an air horn and then wander off our porch.

I'm not happy about this and I go up front - and all these idiot neighbors are wandering around like zombies - one is waving a badminton racket, one is riding a bike, and the two that came to the door are just being noisy.

Someone explains to me that it's one of those national "do XYZ on your street" days and apparently the task on this day was to just really make your neighbors mad.

Well in the excitement of randomly walking into someone else's house and somehow living through it, the loud neighbor had let Splotchy out. In my dream Splotchy was a fluffy white kitten with bright electric blue fur around his eyes and ears. I really liked Dream Splotchy.

I caught him on the porch, but it scared me enough to actually wake me up this morning.

So even when you're dreaming, you have to beware of things that go bump in the night! Like this adorable guy, for example. :)
And the inside...
Isn't that hilarious? I love him and his underbite, and I'm actually not afraid of him at all! I also love having something to stamp on the inside of the card, because mine almost always go blank because of a lack of companion greeting.

Today I'm the guest designer for Hambo Stamps, which is where this sweet monster comes from. Thanks to sweet Libby and Monica at Hambo for this fun stampy adventure!

Now when I saw this little fella I decided he was so cute he needed a spotlight. It was actually really simple to do. I just punched an oval of white cardstock to stand him on. Then I laid some vellum on top of him and used a ruler to draw the triangle so that it touched each side of the oval and met in a point at the top of the card.


I cut that out, and then adhered the oval to it at the point where both edges were touching, and then I trimmed off the extra below the oval. Doing this hides your adhesive too, because I could just put the adhesive behind the oval. Fun, eh?

The rest of the supplies are Basic Grey DSP, Bermuda Bay Cardstock, a Martha Stewart spiderweb border punch, SU Label punch, BG000, BG45, BG49, YR00 and YR04 Copics and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

Beware of clumsy monsters! Don't say I didn't warn you!


21 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love Hambo stuff! Cool idea for the spotlight, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's adorable -- and I love the spotlight idea. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable! I would get a card like that...maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spotlight effect. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card Lydia! I like the use of the spotlight, and how you did the inside of the card too! Thanks for "guesting" for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet card Lydia!! And how you did the spotlight with vellum - GENIUS!!!! Totally going to steal, er, BORROW that idea! :-) And electric blue Splotchy sounds adorable too! Thanks so much for guesting for us Lydia, you are amazing!! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Lydia! Love the spotlight! And I love me some monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that spotlight!!! Cute card!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the spotlight idea too! Very cool! I like the little bit of the monster inside the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't love a spotlight!!! What a wow factor - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT AN AWESOME CARD! The spotlight is genius! I love that you only showed "a little tail" on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! Love your spotlight and the inside is very clever! Super cool ideas you have and I'm going to keep looking around your blog for more fun ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lydia, you are so funny! I enjoyed your story almost as much as your card! Great tip for the spotlight, makes your little monster so much more "glamorous".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just the most adorable lil monster ever! And that dream. Wow. What type of spicy food did you ingest the night before, missy? Lol.
    You have an award waiting for you on my blog...go see!
    #25

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card! I love the whole idea - and the disappearing monster on the inside! Thanks so much for guesting for us at Hambo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that spotlight! What a great idea! Thanks for explaining how to do it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! Thanks for showing me how :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card, Lydia, so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That card is too stinkin' cute, Lydia! Love the inside, too.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...