Monday, January 10, 2011

How About THAT for a Dollar?

I'm SOOOO excited to be the MFT Fab Friend today!!!

I am pretty sure my very first stampy bunneh love was my MFT friend Flopsey, and I've bought every single Flopsey image they've ever made.

But when they came out with this Caged Bird set, I FREAKED! I cannot resist a bird any more than I can a bunny!

So I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this little birdy when I saw an unfinished $1 frame at Michael's - PAINT IT PINK!!

First though - I had to paint it white. Then I took a foam brush and painted a sugary pink acrylic paint onto the harlequin stamp in this set and stamped it all over the frame. I also stamped the little musical notes from the Love set in black (stamped off once) randomly all over it when it was dry.

I used the pennant Die-namics to cut a Russian dictionary page banner for the bottom, and added tinsel trim over that.

I stamped the little birds in pink, then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and then when that was dry, I added Crystal effects on top of that for the captured glitter look. I LOVE those sugary pink birds! :)

For the hearts behind the bird, I cut them from Basic Grey paper with the Hearts a Plenty Die-namics. The bird I colored with Memento Dew Drops just using the direct to paper method with the pointy end for a little distressed appearance.

There's a little glitter on the branch too.

So I think after all that - that's not too bad for a dollar, eh? :)

Loveyameanitbye

8 comments:

  1. THUD! yep, that's my jaw hitting the table. Lydia this is beautiful in all it's PINK glory. congrats on being MFT's Fab Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LURVE those frames at Michaels! I've only painted and mod-podged them previously, but um, yeah, that whole painting and stamping thing... BRILLIANT!.

    This is why I lurve you, too!

    Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I have some of those frames from Mike's, too. Was I supposed to USE them? ;/

    WV: roteetly
    I roteetly buy things and never use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmuuuuguuuuh freakin GORGEOUS!!! ***bows***
    lovelovelovelovelove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY -- this is absolutely GORGEOUS, Lydia!!! Every detail is perfection!

    You are definitely a FAB friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful frame. I can see that on a card. Really great project for a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Lydia!! Your frame is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....loved the tour around your card. Lots of fun stuff going on there! Genius, as usual... ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...