Monday, January 24, 2011

There's no Substitute...

I was a teacher in another life. Well actually, I'm still a teacher - but I used to teach kids instead of adults.

Any teacher that tells you they don't have a teacher's pet is just lying! You always have one favorite little kiddo that can really do no wrong.

When I taught third grade, my favorite was this little boy named Drew. He also happened to be the one that I had to take to the principal's office most often, but I adored him. He was only in trouble because of an excess of enthusiasm for life in general. Also happens to be what I always got in trouble for, so it was a wink, wink, nudge nudge sort of trouble he was in.

I think if Drew had been a stamper, he probably would have taken his large Big Shot Pro Petal Card Die, which is the grandmother of my Petal Card Punch and the mother of my regular Petal Card Die, and made this card out of Crumb Cake cardstock.

Since I'm the Fab Friend over at the MFT Blog again, he would have carefully stamped the little apples from MFT's Teacher's Pet set, and then colored them with Copics. He would have embossed the tag with polka dots, stamped it and then added an apple made out of glimmer paper, because he's thoughtful like that. That gorgeous herringbone ribbon is from an MFT VIP kit.The inside is a sheet of Crate Paper DSP, with some of my SU rhinestones left over from Halloween. I used the MFT Die-namics notebook edge die for authenticity on the top, and I made the teacher's sweater plaid, because the school where I taught little Drew was private and they had uniforms.
And while it's true that there really is no substitute for a great teacher, I'd say there's no substitute for the teacher's pet, either.

Happy Monday little Drew, wherever you are!

4 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!
    Fabulous ribbon, teeny apples border and fabby inside too! Wonderful sentiment, oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I retired after 34 years of teaching in second or third grade -and one of my favorites married my daughter! How unbelievable is that! They met as "grown-ups" in another state....serendipity! I love serendipity - and your fabulous teacher card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh..... takes me back to the days of being the teacher's pet (but not for getting in trouble!) I still love brand new packs of paper and pens. (Aha! Maybe that's why I collect journals...) Your card brings back all those happy memories! Lovely....
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The wee apples, the shape!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...