Monday, January 3, 2011

Year of the Bunneh

You probably already know this, but this year is the Year of the Rabbit. This is very exciting for all sorts of reasons, none of which have anything to do with the deep and symbolic meaning of the Chinese Zodiac. Although, while we're on that topic, it's really cool that this year is the year of the METAL rabbit, as opposed to bygone Years of the Rabbits, which included earth wabbits, fire wabbits (that sounds fun!), water wabbits, etc. It's also interesting that on some calendars, the rabbit is replaced with a cat. I suppose the cats and rabbits battle it out from time to time, perhaps interrupted by small dogs.

Anyway, what's super fun about the year of the rabbit, aside from my deep love for their furry little butts, is that it's hard to get excited when the arrow points to the year of the snake or the monkey (shudder) or something less furry and loveable.

So I thought I should make a card to express my love for all things bunny, and here it is...
You do have my heart, little bunny.

To make this little CAS card, I inked up my "D" sized block with Bashful Blue ink, and then lightly tapped Basic Grey ink around the edges of the block before pressing it onto my cardstock. Then I stamped the sweet bunny from Blowing Kisses in Basic Black onto the blue. I colored in the bunny with a white gel pen, and glued Dazzling Diamonds to the heart balloons to finish.

When we were having our blackeyed pea dip festival on New Year's Day for luck, I wondered if the reason they are considered lucky is because if you can survive eating one of those nasty peas, you can get through anything! That's my random thought for the day.

So will I see some of you at Leadership? If not, you know I'll see you right here. :)

7 comments:

  1. Sweet card! I love bunnies, too. :)
    You should do like the Spaniards (and other Latin countries) and eat 12 grapes for good luck on New Year's instead of beans; much sweeter. At our home, we have 12 grapes and make 12 wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I agree with you - so much better than year of the monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an infant of the MONKEY I am hurt and confused by the blatant discrimination of man's closest relative.
    Apart from that...cute bunneh!!
    This monkey is heading to Sydney...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lydia!

    This bunny card is sooo cute!!! Love the bubbles blowing stamp and the way you gave all attention to it. Perfect!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe, this is so cute and pretty! I adore it!

    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww....such a cutie. He's probably so soft and cuddly....*smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...