Monday, March 14, 2011

Sake To Me!

It's been a crazy few days. Friday, I gave a RISE Session on Social Media to 25 of the most interesting people I've ever met. Austin is such a fascinating town. I'm fairly certain the solution to most of the world's problems could be found by assembling a group of casually dressed, Ipad bearing A-towners in a coffee shop.

Saturday, we headed into the thick of the SXSW crowd for something I will show you tomorrow. Somehow there was a milagro and I secured a parking spot SMACK in the middle of Congress Avenue on the busiest Saturday of the year, too. It may sound mundane, but that's like the Nobel Prize of Austin life

Sunday, I attended the BLoungeATX (Blogger's Lounge) event, which I could do every day. Blogging doesn't have to be a solitary pursuit - it can be a fun group event with mini corn dogs and giant televisions displaying your Twitter feeds - INSANE nerd fun, and I got lots of blogging done.

Then it was on to the Texas Sake Company special winter batch tasting that my sister won on Facebook. The owner taught us so much about the process of making sake - walking us all the way through from rice in the fields to a yummy glass of his delicious Lone Star State born and bred brew. He made a winery tour in Napa seem boring by comparison and was a fantastic host.

After all that, I had time for just one card before some couchfest. Lori picked this week's cyber-stamping assignment as a sketch challenge with MFT's Getting Sketchy #10. Gorgeous. Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful (retired) Paper: Paisley Petals, Whisper White
Accessories: Rhinestone flower, Modern Label Punch, Pear Pizazz Seam binding

As usual, I stretched a bit - using a circle instead of a rectangle for the main shape, and a flower instead of a heart at the bottom. I had these beautiful little sparkly flowers that were a gift from a stampy friend that were dying to come out and play. I feel like sticking some on my car.

The paper is a sneak peek - Paisley Petals - from a promotion that starts April 1. *tease*. Lynn - I can hear you calling me that, you know! :)

Of course this time Saturday, it was an hour earlier. That's disturbing. What if you add up all our lost hours - what could we all have done with that time?

And who is responsible for Monday coming an hour earlier than it should have, eh?


5 comments:

  1. Love your card - that blue paper background is so pretty!! I really like using the seam binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, that's gorgeous! LOVE the paper and stamp you used for the sketch!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is beautiful... love that paper and pretty poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning Lydia!! Sounds like a fun weekend...WAIT!!!! Did you have our silly tweets up on the big screen? OMG!! Have to check my timeline LOL

    WV: SHOMP as in when you are eating something like noodles that need to be slurped....you SCHOMP them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Lovely card. I like your variations on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...