Saturday, September 24, 2011

Seeing Red

Seriously. Finally! I slept until almost 8 which is about four hours longer than normal, so I'm feeling very crafty today. Also, I've had a LOT of caffeine. So it could be that too.


Either way, I have some WAY fun stuff to show you today.


First, I decided to tackle today's Inspiration Challenge with some new toys. Stef picks out the most unbelievable stuff every week, and this week's color combo really grabbed me.

So my new goodies came out of the box: Field Flowers and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. Can you believe I didn't already have either of these? GAH. I've been wanting that punch ever since Megan Daves showed us how to use it as a teeny scalloped border at convention.

So what I did is stamped the base images in Crumb Cake, and the detailed image (it's a two step stamp set) in Poppy Parade.
Now for the fun part. I punched a strip of the ribbon border punch out of Poppy Parade cardstock and stuck it behind my flower panel. I stamped the greeting from Hand Penned Holidays in black half off the white panel and stamped it again on my card base and just lined them up.

Then I noticed all the teeny weeny dots from the border punch all over my mat and I thought they'd look so cool on my card front!!

Adhesive is easier than you think for these little buggers. I just put a little dab of glue on my mat, and then used my piercing tool to pick up each dot, rub it in glue and stick it on the card. SO easy! The piercing tool has magical qualities for holding small items.

I think the dots really add something too - it was a little plain before.

Now, after that, I did something SERIOUSLY fun.

I made a purse out of a box of animal crackers!!

Wanna see? Come on over to Project Reanimate.


Hope you have a great Caturday!




4 comments:

  1. SO pretty Lydia! Such patience with those pretty punch pieces too ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lydia, I love the card you made. The dots really do MAKE the card IMHO. I love that your cards are really CAS. Seems lately so many people are putting everything they own/know on a card and it is just too much for my simple mind.
    I did have a great Caturday too. I got to go to a stamp convention and surprisingly only purchased a few things and I really know what to do with them now that I am home again. I didn't fall for the "here's something new and it is so easy and all you need are these items" ploy. Very proud of myself, for a change. LOL
    PS. I have become very droba in my style. LOL LOL All abord??? Which is droba backwards. Word verification. LOL
    tonilea
    jiffy1212@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combination and the image and those dots! I would have obsessed over a symmetrical pattern with the dots but I love your free-for-all-style with them! The abstract glue-ing is so fun and less stressful, I'm sure.*smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful it makes my heart race. Those little delicate dots are too brilliant & the red on the crumb cake for the flowers. WOWza! Must admit defeat on the spam-word front today: "mismst" my chance to make a word with today's! ;o) Off to see that animal crackers purse!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...