Friday, September 16, 2011

Stamp Nekkid!

That's right!! We can now go all kinds of Harry Potter with stamps!

I saw this crazy awesome techniques on sweet Holly's blog this week for "no line stamping" and I was so intrigued! It's a way to use stamped images without the black outline we are all used to, and it gives your images such a soft, painted look!

The stars aligned because I received this amazing LightPad as a birthday gift last month, and instead of what Holly did - stamping the image in a light color and then using that to guide my coloring, I actually stamped the image in black on copy paper, put it on this amazing LED light table and then colored nekkid!!

I wasn't nekkid. but I wasn't actually coloring in a stamped image, you little gutter minds. I was coloring a blank piece of cardstock with the illuminated image underneath it!

I love the way it turned out!!

I actually colored this image last week, and then when today's Free For All Friday Challenge was to make a MOSTLY BLUE card - Taylor and Korin and Amber and I could not resist playing along.

So I popped this little beauty on a Pool Party Hello Doily image and voila! Nekkid stamping rules!!!
Stamps: On the Grow, Lighthearted Ink: Pool Party, Basic Black Paper: Whisper White
Accessories: 2.5" circle Punch, ShinHan Twin Touch Markers: BG171, BG178, Y35, YR33, Y38, GY47, GY48, CG1

 Now I have some fun news for you!

I have picked a winner for the milk carton die from our Fall Fun Blog Hop and it's Cathymac, who shared her recipe for Pumpkin Bread! Email me Cathy! :) Congrats!

And in even MORE fun news, and the reason it took me so long to post the winner, I made a mini cookbook out of all the recipes you shared with me so that you guys can all enjoy what everyone shared!! How fun is that??

Access the Fall Fun Blog Hop Mini Cookbook here.

I am having my monthly stampy class tomorrow if you want to come - we will have all our clothes on, I promise :).

Loveyameanitbye.

  


9 comments:

  1. Pushing the edge of the envelope as usual, I see.. Love this new way of coloring.... And then taking that image, punching it out and placing on the doily stamp... So easy breezy! *thanks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a cool idea, but my eyes don't need more stressing right now. might try it some day when i'm feelin' younger.

    btw, thanks for the cookbook! so cool! you're the best. have a friend coming to austin next week, and told her i wish i was small enough to stow away in her suitcase. go have a cappuccino at halcyon lounge for me next wednesday, okay? it's my birthday and i'll be there in spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--how sweet to put all the recipes together!

    Congrats to the die winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light box! Brilliant, I tell ya! Now all those people who sold them when the cuttlebugs came out will be kicking themselves! LOL Thanks for the plug you darling talented girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooo sweet...putting the cookbook together for us! Printing now.

    On to the card. I LOVE this stamping nekkid idea! Although without a light box I will probably have to use something very sheer and transparent.

    Loveyourblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colouring sans lines is Genius & your card is gorgeous! Looks like a mini painting... And a mini cookbook to boot. You are too fab! P.S. Sorry I've not commented in a while, been feeling all "sledurg" and stuff. (Who writes those antispam words? As if that's a job, right?) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea putting that little cookbook together. I LOVE Fall! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool technique, thanks for sharing the secrets 0___O

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...