Saturday, April 7, 2012

Flowers in the Attic

Remember those creepy Flowers in the Attic books from the seventies?

They TERRIFIED me. Actually, attics terrify me. They're so mysterious and creepy and hot. It's no wonder that's where both ghosts and rodents decide to make their home.Perhaps also the ghosts of rodents.

I would actually like a house without an attic - just a big lodge type ceiling with no space between there and the roof. That would definitely force the ghosts to go to my neighbors.

Sorry neighbors! I'll bring extra cookies at Christmas :)

Well speaking of attics, I've been neglecting my Attic Boutique products and my Rue des Fleurs set. It's not creepy at all so I'm not sure why I haven't played with it much. My friend Mel made the most beautiful card with it at Leadership and I swore I'd come home and do a million things with it, and I looked up and it was April.

I've been on a watercoloring binge lately so I thought I'd bust out my fave color combo - aqua and red - and color the pretty little corset thingy.

I just used my Aquapainter and Poppy Parade and Pool Party Reinkers on watercolor paper. I put a little grey around the image for a shadow.

Then I added some Smooch Glitz Frost to the vines, and some Clearsnap Ocean Spray glitter.
Pin It
I die cut the watercolor paper with the Labels Framelits, and cut the next larger framelit from First Edition DSP.

I scored the Crumb Cake base with my Simply Scored Diagonal Score Plate at 1" intervals and added the teeniest  pearls to the intersections.
Pin It

I think those two colors are so pretty together!

I am not sure who would have a bustier like this all full of flowers and glittery, but I bet whoever it is, they'd keep it in the attic so their ghosts could get their fancy on.

I do love a fancy ghost.

Loveyameanitbye.

5 comments:

  1. Ooohhh - so lovely! Those colours really look amazing! Virginia Andrews would be so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. this. I agree that red and aqua are a fantastic combo!! What a great card...and use of a stamp..love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooo, you wouldn't keep something like that in the attic!! Although I love attics, I think they're exciting places full of interesting stuff and fun to explore, but I wouldn't put those glorious colours up to languish in the dark. I'd put it on my not-very glamorous tailor's dummy instead of her Vintage Vogue coat :D. If it were possible to cinch the waist in that tight, which I somehow doubt, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those books were so creepy to me as a kid and I recall having to hide them as my mom would not have approved of the stories at all...Thanks for making me laugh. Love your card. I need to try to use scoring..I love it. I saw you have a lot of "Keep Calm Carry on" type things..I just bought a teapot with it on it...LOVE it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all aspects of this card but especially the diagonal scoring and pearls... So cool..... *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...