Sunday, April 8, 2012

We are the Easter People...

I read the most beautiful quote the other day and I don't think I'll ever get it out of my head.

Do not abandon yourselves to despair. 
We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.
                                                     -Pope John Paul II




We are the Easter people.

Yes, we are. 

Hallelujah!

I have a simple Easter card for you today with a little fine art product that I'm absolutely in love with!

I saw this at our last Creative Arts Society meeting and I literally screamed when the lady demonstrated it.

When I was in college art classes, we worked with graphite a lot, and I always loved the look, but I hated how messy it was, so I sort of abandoned it after graduation.

Until now.

This is the tiny, miracle art supply that has forever changed my life. Water soluble graphite from ArtGraf.

ArtGraf Graphite

It's absolutely amazing - you can get a squillion different tonal values with just a little tin of this gorgeous sparkly graphite and an Aquapainter! And all without the mess of graphite sticks and perfect control.
Pin It
Viarco ArtGraf Graphite
[ BLIC ]
ArtGraf Viarco Pigmented Tailor Chalk...
[ BLIC ]
ArtGraf Viarco Pigmented Tailor Chalk...
[ BLIC ]
ArtGraf Viarco Pigmented Tailor Chalk...
[ BLIC ]


LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS!!! What I did was I stamped the little bunny on copy paper and put it on my LightPad. Then I put the watercolor paper over it, and painted this in about five minutes with my AquaPainter and the graphite. Look at the difference between how black his little eye is and how light the grasses are - it's amazing! I have a serious art crush.

What you can't see is the SHIMMER. I tried nine ways to Easter Sunday to capture that with my camera, but no dice. But trust me, it's luminous and beautiful. I just have one word for this stuff.

Hallelujah.


5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I see why you're in love with this stuff! Pretty neat. Ain't technology grand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness- I've got to get this!!!! I've always loved the look but hated the mess - this is a happy-happy-joy-joy moment. Oh - and your card is wonderful!!!
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sang the hymn about Easter people in church on Sunday. Can't remember singing it before, and it was delightful!!!

    Your card is lovely and that new product extremely appealing. Please stop doing that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo VERY stunning. Hallelujah for Easter (and water soluble graphite)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like, I like. And yep, I have graphite sticks in my box of sketching pencils that don't get much use because of the mess!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...