Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Perils of Eating and Driving...

It's been birthday palooza lately! My sister and dad just had big milestone birthdays in the last few weeks.

It's really odd how they are aging faster than me. They should try to get to the bottom of that!

Then this Friday is Lori Lou Whoo's birthday.

So the challenge today at the Touch Twin challenge blog was perfect to get me stamping for all these occasions.

Dina got me hooked on this ribbon dyeing technique at CHA. It's so quick and easy. Just use the chisel end of your Touch Marker to make a few swipes of color on your ribbon - it's really pretty with multiple colors on white or ivory ribbon - and then mist it with rubbing alcohol and scrunch it up in your hand for a quick tie dye!

Today was the first time I tried dyeing colored ribbon and I love it! I used Daffodil Delight seam binding and added YR23 for a deep orange to match my butterfly. It makes SUCH a pretty combo! Because of the alcohol it dries almost instantly.

Pin It

Stamps: Papaya Collage (available June 1), Happiest Birthday Wishes, Musical Score (Retired), Elementary Elegance
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Early Espresso, Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Paper: Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer, First Edition
Accessories: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Touch Twin Markers: Y37, YR23, Rhinestone, Curly Label Punch


I used my craft knife to cut around the design from Elementary Elegance to run the ribbon through.

So happy birthday to all you spring birthday peeps!

Now onto the subject at hand. Eating and driving. I'm amazed at how many people eat in their cars in this town.

I'm even MORE amazed at the type of food they choose. I can see a french fry or even a chicken nugget if you're just in a ginormous rush.



But check out this lady nomming on a sandwich with both hands at a very busy highway intersection not too far from where I live.


I got away from her as fast as I could. I didn't want to think about what was going to happen when the light turned green.


One time when I was driving down one of our larger freeways at 70 MPH I looked over and saw a guy eating something out of a bowl with a spoon.

Yeah.

Are we really that rushed? And is it fun to eat soup in the car?

So next time you see some mysterious stains all over a coworker's clothing, or lettuce on the floor of someone's car, you'll know why.

Stay safe out there!

Loveyameanitbye.


5 comments:

  1. For some reason, this reminds me of the coke tsunami post on someone's blog. I need to find that for you.

    I eat when I drive, but not with both hands. I did see someone eating cereal form a bowl a few weeks ago, though. Crazy stoopid.

    I need to try that ribbon thing with alcohol. I use water, and it's fabby, but you do need to dry it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go:

    http://mabelshouse.blogspot.com/2009/01/coke-tsunami.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this ribbon technique before but I know that it will become my favorite way to dye my ribbon!!! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card.. Cool colors on the butterfly..... Tsk, tsking the driving foodies. is it really worth dying for? I'd like to ask them.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...