Friday, July 25, 2014

Mighty Kind of You

In a sort of an #InspireCreateShare2014 miracle, I have actually begun work on some thank you cards.

Yes, you heard me right.

And yes, I mean thank you notes from the Convention that just happened, NOT my first one thirteen years ago.

I said it was a miracle, right?

When I was in Utah, a friend was telling us that at some weddings, you actually pick up your thank you note from the bride & groom on your way out of the wedding, along with a nut cup or some such.

Now that, my friends, is efficiency. I suppose I could try sending out NEXT year's thank you notes right now and then being all smirky when I arrive in Salt Lake - "Oh, hi - I hope you got my pre-thank you cards - thank you so much for whatever nice thing you're about to do to me!"

Except no. I like to have mine be a little more personal, even if they're late.

So at the BEST CLASS EVER at convention - the Stamps, Ink and Paper optional class given by Melody, Donna and Arika, my friend Sue won a stamp set designed by Melody Hyde called Yee-Haw.

It. Is. Awesome.

It won't be released until August, but you're going to love it. It's a photopolymer set of 25 western themed images and phrases and it ROCKS!! Now Sue was kind enough to GIVE me, her favorite Texan, this prize and I've been stamping up a storm with it.

This set is SO AWESOME that it even helped me mend my relationship with Wild Wasabi, which is strained at best. I have a really weird psychological aversion to most greens, with few exceptions, and Wild Wasabi is definitely my least favorite. BUT - I decided to try something and we are back together now!

What I did was cut a mask for this cute lasso image. Then I masked off the lasso and sponged inside it with Wild Wasabi, and then sponged Coastal Cabana on top of that - it makes the most AWESOME sea-foam green. Seriously - looks just like the Crayon of my childhood. THIS is a green I can live with!

Then, while the mask was still in place, I stamped Hardwood over the sponged area and removed the mask - WHEE!! The cowboy hat I colored with the Dark, Medium and Light Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, and then used my Project Life pen to do a little of my addicting stamp etching technique on.


Pin It

Now if you can't wait to get your hot little paws on this set, just email me. The day it goes live, I will order you one AND include a sheet of masking paper in your order! Mighty kind of me, I know! Maybe I should pre-thank m'self!! :)

Now I have to scurry off and get ready for my framelits class tomorrow. You comin'?

Loveyameanitbye.


6 comments:

  1. wild wasabi + coastal cabana = crazy delicious! Must try it! Fabulous card, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute, Lydia! I'm so glad you have such a generous friend who was willing to give the set to you. I love the detail you added to the hat too. Brilliant! Thank you for sharing your excitement and your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Lydia! I may just have to get that set! LOVE how you masked the inside of the rope- so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sneak peek. I asked before, and now you answered my question on if (now when) it will be available. Can't wait to see the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *think* it releases on the 18th Heidi - we missed you at Convention!

      Delete
  5. Awesome card and great color! Terrific masking and you made me LOL at Pre-thanking yourself! Ha! Love the look of the etching tech. I did a tiny bit of zentangle on an apple leaf with those pen strokes and it fast became a favorite thing for me. Seeing it on your hat makes me think I need to practice and use it more often!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...