Friday, August 8, 2014

Say It Ain't So!

Today marks the final day of challenges for Dare To Get Dirty 2014 at Splitcoast.

(Insert wailing and gnashing of teeth).

The challenges are flat-out amazing, as usual and I'm still having fun catching up. If you're playing along, you have all weekend to finish up - the deadline isn't until Monday night.

I hosted the very last challenge and holy cow are your cards for it beautiful already!! I can't reveal the challenge here, but you can head over to the site to see how you can see the details and play along!

Now today is ALSO Mix-Ability Friday, with Anna Wight as our hostess, and I combined her sparkly watercolor instructions with my DTGD challenge and I just LOVE the result!

First, I colored the flower from Bloom With Hope with my Viarco ArtGraf water soluble graphite, which has a beautiful shimmer. I love this stuff. I have a severe psychological aversion to regular graphite (non-colored) pencils - they completely freak me out, so this stuff is awesome, because I get that gorgeous grey tone and shimmer without touching an awful pencil. :) I added some clear Wink of Stella for some additional sparkle.



 Of course, photographing it straight on steals all the sparkle, but here you can see the center, which I did a fun trick on. I used the end of my scoring stylus to pick up black acrylic paint and make little dots in the center of my flower. Fun & easy. 

Viarco ArtGraf Graphite
[ BLIC ]
ArtGraf Viarco Pigmented Tailor Chalk...
[ BLIC ]
ArtGraf Viarco Pigmented Tailor Chalk...
[ BLIC ]
ArtGraf Viarco Pigmented Tailor Chalk...
[ BLIC ]

Pin It

What are you up to this weekend? I'll be plotting my Unite & Excite event - SQUEE! and prepping for my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack - are you coming?

Don't forget, I'm doing my Unwind Retreat, Austin edition - at the end of the month as well. Space is limited, so this one is first come first served.

Loveyameanitbye.


1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only person that has an aversion to graphite pencils…. They remind me of fingers on a chalkboard- eeeekkkkkkkk.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...