Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Little Diversion

Because all the shiny squirrel people like us need a diversion right?

I thought so.

I forgot I had videoed one of my calendar art journal squares a while back so I thought I'd share it. This is how I use stamps to inspire me, but I really don't end up with anything that looks like the original stamp image.

For the Ash Wednesday Square I started with a very faint impression of one of the flower clusters from Painted Petals and some of the leaves and stems just as a very loose guide. Then I used my Brusho powdered watercolor pigments to loosely paint on top of that.



Pin It


So here's the video. It's a little on the long side, but I wanted you to see my whole process. Everyone has ten or so minutes in their day to squeeze a little art into, and I've really enjoyed doing this calendar each day.
If you don't see the video player below, click here to view it.



Those disposable washcloths are still proving to be amazing - I have yet to throw one away!

On to the weekend!

Loveyameanitbye.



3 comments:

  1. All I can say is "WOW!!!" This was a delightful way to spend 10 minutes. I'd love to see one of these every day. How clever you are. The image was beautiful. Thanks for a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, Lydia! Your Calendar Art Journal is a wonderful place to keep your artwork and memories, rather than sending them off on a card. That part really appeals to me! You are creating a true treasure. I really enjoyed your video! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, this is such a cool idea. Love the square you showed here today, it so inspired me. Say, what kind of calendar book are you using and where would one newly inspired person get one? hehe Love your work. Thank You for sharing it. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...