Friday, March 20, 2015

Groundhog Day - Bug Attack Loop Edition

So I realized when I was headed to the doctor for my ever worsening eye bite yesterday that I'm trapped in some sort of bug attack time loop.

Rewind to November 1st, the date of my first crafty sale that kicked off my remodel. While setting up for the sale, I was stung by the deceptively cuddly worm of death, as detailed in this post. My entire hand was numb for three months.

Now, I was viciously stung in the eye by another bug - RIGHT BEFORE MY SECOND CRAFTY SALE!!

It's like the bug sting version of Groundhog Day - and it's extremely unpleasant, to say the least. Maybe the bugs want me to keep my excess crafty goodies and they're sabotaging me!

Something is definitely up.

Speaking of Groundhog Day, I got this hilarious new set Just Kidding this week and had to bust it out for this week's Mix-Ability challenge - MIX112, hosted by Anna Wight. Her challenge is to use the colors of spring.

Bright lime green is what came to mind, so I started with that as the dominant color, trying out some new German watercolor - FineTec. They are great transparent, beautiful watercolors and come in a nice set that is perfect for traveling. It just took a few minutes to really have a cute, cartoon look for this lady (clearly me) stuck in an endless time loop. 



Pin It

If you're using an aquapainter with your watercolors - use it like a traditional paintbrush - dry barrel and just dip it in water - you can get better control that way.

Here's what the rest of it looks like - hilarious.
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140667

It's hard to see in the photos, but her eyes are glossy & shiny. :)

Want your eyes to be glossy & shiny? Sign up for my retreat! Two full days of classes, 24/7 art room access, a celebrity stamping chef, prizes (including a Silhouette Cameo) and adventures in the Texas Hill Country!


Want your eyes to be glossy & shiny? Sign up for my retreat! Two full days of classes, 24/7 art room access, a celebrity stamping chef, prizes (including a Silhouette Cameo) and adventures in the Texas Hill Country!

Oh - did I already say that? I blame it on Groundhog Day!
 
Loveyameanitmyeyehurtsbye.


3 comments:

  1. What's the deal with these bugs? Do they love our paper and ink as much as we do? Hope you feel better quickly! Funny card! I like those shiny eyes! Makes me think of the jokes my sis and I share about when we are old ladies in a home together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - I'm so sorry to hear about you and those stupid bugs! I think the reason I am terrified of bees, wasps, etc. is that each time I have been stung, later that same day I had my hand slammed in a door. Well, I hope it's just a fluke and that your third crafty sale will break the cycle. Thanks for sharing your funny card!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...