Friday, November 6, 2015

The Case of The Neglected Embossing Folder


A friend of mine showed me a card in the holiday catalog the other day (page 21 if you're interested) and I realized that I had never taken that Boughs & Berries embossing folder out of the package.

So my mission yesterday was to get that sucker out and use it - it's really pretty. Not sure what I was thinking.

I've used nearly everything else in that catalog and this poor little folder was neglected.

Looking up at me like the little sheep below - saying "why are you holding HIM?"


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Isn't that pretty? Think of all the things I could have made with it so far!

I made this card on Periscope yesterday - starting by rubbing Blue Ice Inka Gold over the raised areas made with the Boughs & Berried embossing folder, and then watercoloring the little tag I made with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch and Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy reinkers.

The Periscope cuts off because my phone rang, but you can see the bulk of it here.



This card is for two challenges - the Tag, You're It! Hope You Can Cling To challenge, and I'm also hosting the Mix-Ability Challenge today.

I got the idea for today's challenge from a member at Splitcoast - Linda - who has this great chart she uses if her mojo stalls.

I modified hers slightly to make it mixed media, but it's a really cool idea. Here's the matrix for today's challenge.


So I picked Watercolor, acrylic, blue, yellow, animals and dry embossing!

Fun, eh?

I love out of the box ideas like that for starting a card design.

If you want to read something fun, check out this thread - which is about advice you'd give yourself if you were just starting to papercraft. There's a LOT of wisdom in here.

Happy Friday peeps!

Loveyameanitbye.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lydia…love the shimmer and the watercolored shepherd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embossing folder is pretty - I agree! Love the card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the colors and embossing. Enjoyed your Periscope on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful stamp set. So glad that the e/f got some love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blue inka'd card. This embossing folder is on my list to order.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Isn't it sad when we let something so fabulous sit unloved for so long before we discover how fantastic it is?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...